When the weather hots up, we don’t always want to look like we’ve just come from a marathon gym session, particularly if we are at at a special event such as a wedding or any social gathering for that matter, we want to keep looking our best. Many makeup products are oil based and when the temperature rises, it can start to melt, apply powder on top and makeup becomes ‘cakeup’!
We’ve put together our some of our top tips for beat the heat make up to keep you looking cool this summer…
- Apply a lightweight moisturiser with an SPF
- Use a primer, it will simply make everything last for longer
- Replace oil based foundations with a water-based foundation, or even better, switch to a mineral based powder foundation. Remember though, less is more in the Summer!
- Blotting papers will be your best friend, keep the matte look, these absorb any oil whilst leaving makeup in place
- Waterproof mascara! This one doesn’t need any explanation – just make sure you have an eye makeup removal product fit for the job at night!
- Swap pencil eyeliners for liquid or gel ones. Pencil eyeliners will likely be oil based and will have you looking like Alice Cooper in no time at all!
- Use an eyelid primer before applying a powder based eye shadow to set the look
- Use a blush stain for cheeks and steer clear of glowy creams!
- Use a setting spray, a ‘must mist’ for the hottest of days, it controls shine and stops running and fading.
Did you find this article useful? Why not take a look at our makeup courses available to train to become a makeup artist or browse all our courses from The Norwich School of Hair & Beauty.